Why should I rent from your company?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
How do I apply to rent?
Check out our application guidelines to be sure you qualify, then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We'll process it and let you know the results.
Will I sign a lease?
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we'll hand you the keys to your home!
Can I submit an application on a home that I haven't seen?
Yes. Many of our advertised homes are still occupied and not ready to be shown. If you see a home that is still occupied, you can submit an application conditional on your acceptance of the home.
How do I see inside a home that I’m interested in?
Choose a few homes in your area and price range. Then drive by and take a look at them. Do not attempt to enter a vacant home. Once you have narrowed down your choices, call our office and we will arrange for you to view the interior.
What documents do I need to submit with my application?
Providing the correct documents with your application greatly speeds up the process. Please include the following:
- Recent paystubs
- Photo ID (Drivers License)
- A copy of any military orders
- Documents supporting other sources of income including Social Security, Disability, Child Support, etc.
- Copies of any satisfied court judgments which may still appear on your credit
- Two years tax returns (self-employed only)
We’re engaged but not married. Do we need to submit separate applications?
Yes. All non-related persons over 18 must submit a separate application.
Does my application take the home off the market?
No. Until your application is approved, all offers to rent will be considered. However, once you are approved that home is taken off the market.
How long does it take to get a response after I turn in an application?
Normally it takes 1-2 business days depending on how quickly your employment and landlord references are able to respond.
What kind of credit history do I need to qualify?
While credit standards vary by home and by owner, some general credit guidelines are:
- If you have "dings" on your credit, recent trends should indicate an improvement
- Credit problems which may be an issue include unpaid rents, unpaid NSF checks, unpaid utility bills, and outstanding child support payments.
- Credit problems which are considered less serious include medical bills, student loans, and problems from the distant past.
- All bankruptcies must be discharged.
Do you accept pets?
Because each home and each homeowner are different, the best answer we can give is "it depends". In a few homes no pets are allowed while in most, pets are allowed subject to the owner's approval. Due to insurance constraints we cannot accept the following breeds of dogs: Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Chow, Rottweiler, Pit Bull, Presa Canarios, Siberian Huskies, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Wolf Hybrids, mix or any close relatives. Pet policies are strictly enforced.
Do pets cost extra?
Pets will require additional deposits & pet photo.
How many pets are allowed?
In most cases no more than 2 pets are permitted in each home.
What happens if I don’t disclose a pet?
Not disclosing a current or future pet at the time of the lease produces expensive and severe consequences. When a non-disclosed pet is discovered (and it always is) it voids the lease and causes the forfeiture of your entire security deposit. It is critical that all pets obtain prior approval.
What are my total move-in costs?
Your move-in costs will typically consist of:
- Application Fees
- First month’s rent
- Your security deposit
- Any applicable pet fees / deposits
Is the Security Deposit refundable?
Yes -- provided that the home is left in satisfactory condition at move-out.